Wednesday 6 February 2013

I think it's over.

After a few days of spotting, I went to the doctor with my husband. We saw our little baby and a heart beat. They just kept telling us it was a little slow but nothing abnormal. He said the ultrasound pictures looked normal and he couldn't find a source for the bleeding. He told me to take it easy. Well, that whole afternoon and night the bleeding turned red and got much worse. I tried to stay calm. They said the exam and ultrasound could cause more bleeding. I woke up that next morning and went in to work. I couldn't think. I couldn't concentrate. I kept going to the restroom and things kept getting worse. I told the secretary at school and she told me to go home. I've never felt so scared in my life. I cried the whole way home. Then, the bleeding really picked up. I was terrified. I called my husband and he didn't answer. I got in the car and started to drive to the er. After calling my sister, she told me to go to my ob. She called to tell them I was on my way. I remember feeling so embarrassed in the waiting room with all the pregnant bellies and babies. Everyone was staring at me and I couldn't pull myself together. They called me back for the sonogram and I was all alone. My sister and husband were on their way, but it was going to be a while before they made it. I remember shaking and crying in the dark room. I laid my head back and closed my eyes and prayed. I could hardly breathe. the screen looked different to me when I peeked through my tears. I don't know why, but I knew something was different. I asked the nurse," it's gone, isn't it?" she pointed to the little arrow on the screen and said "see that little flicker?" I couldn't see through my tears and I kept telling her I couldn't see anything. She said to watch closely because it was very slow. Eventually I saw a few little flickers, but I knew our baby wasn't okay. I asked her what the rate was and she told me 78. The day before it was 82. I got dressed and sat in the waiting room for the doctor. Then, I waited in the room for him to come for about 30 minutes. My sister showed up with my sweet nephew who provided me a few little laughs. I was glad he was there, he kept asking if I had a belly ache. Then the doctor came in and said that nothing looked different from the previous day. There was still no source of bleeding and my cervix was closed. He said he was very concerned about the amount of blood I was losing. He didn't offer much support or advice. I left feeling confused and all alone. My husband showed up just as I was leaving. I got in the car with him and we headed home. He kept asking me questions and i didn't have any answers for him. I couldn't remember what the doctor had said. We went home and I laid on the couch and cried. I couldn't believe this was happening to us. Later that night, I started to get cramps. I think this is when it really started to set in. I woke up at around 2 and we watched the Truman Show together. I took some Benadryl after not being able to sleep. I just can't stop crying. Eventually, I fell asleep and woke up the next morning with pretty intense cramps. I was pouring blood and so scared. I remember sitting on the toilet pouring blood and hysterically crying. My husband just kept hugging me and told me not to be scared. He said he wished it were him. After some time, the cramping stopped and the blood loss slowed. I told my husband this afternoon that I was surprised how quickly it was over. I thought it was just those couple of hours that morning. He told me I had that pain most of the night and was talking in my sleep. He can't remember what I was saying though. After laying in bed all morning, I got up and showered. It had turned into a heavy period now and I felt pretty good physically. I picked up the house and we decided to go to lunch. I had another break down before we left for lunch. I told my husband that I didn't understand. I wanted our baby so badly. I prayed for this baby for years. We went to lunch and sams. We also went on a walk and talked about what to do next. I'm feeling ok now. My heart is so, so heavy. I feel really lost and alone. I don't know why this happened. I know in my heart our baby is gone. We are going on Friday to confirm and im scared. I want it all to be over. I want my baby.

8 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry! As you know, I've been there. Please email me anytime you need to talk/vent! Huge hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sorry mama. Stay strong and positive. You will be through this, no matter the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are going through this!

    I am here for you if you want to talk scream or cry! I've been in your shoes and it helped knowing I wasn't alone! Talking to someone who had been through the same thing helped me so much!

    Praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jenny you aren't alone and don't be afraid to vent and talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to read this. My heart, thoughts and prayers are for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the support and prayers. It means a lot to me. Going to the doctor today to confirm everything. Im nervous. I know in my heart it's over, but I don't want to hear it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete