Thursday 23 October 2014

a little set back

All the IVF books I read said to expect the unexpected. I read it. But didn't really take it to heart. Most of our cycles have always went fairly smoothly, but yesterday we got some bad news. I went in for my sonogram and blood work to check for cysts and make sure my estrogen levels were low enough. Well, there is a huge cyst on my right ovary : ( I was supposed to start my stims (injections) on Saturday. My nurse said she would call me with my blood work the following day. So, today she called and my estrogen level was 598. They wanted it to be under 50! I'm not sure if I really understand all of it, but maybe the cyst is causing my hormones to rise. She said that I need to take my birth control pills for another week, come in on Wednesday, check the cyst and do blood work again. If my estrogen is low enough, they will drain it and I can start injections next Saturday. if not I'll need to continue birth control for longer. : ( I'm pretty bummed that everything is getting delayed. I really wanted all of this done before Thanksgiving. I'm just praying that next week, everything works out somehow so we can get this show on the road.

Here's to more waiting!

6 comments:

  1. What a bummer. :( I'm really hoping it drops. I can't imagine how frustrating this all must be for you. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so frustrating! but I'm sure it will all work out.

      Delete
  2. damn, I'm sorry! here's hoping your estrogen drops enough to start stims next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! me too! I can't wait to get started.

      Delete
  3. I'm new to the TTC pool and have been reading your blog for a few weeks now. Your patience and perseverance are humbling. The best things in life require us to work our tails off and you are a trooper amongst troopers. I continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. I'm not sure if I've ever come across someone more deserving. Keep your chin up and that hope alive. It's called hope for a reason!! Scooping up all the positiveness I can find and sending it your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness. that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you so much for your support! It means more than you'll ever know : )

      Delete