Thursday 26 June 2014

Our second IUI

So glad it's over. I was tired of blood draws and shots. It went okay, I guess. Not great. My husband gave his sample, we left for a really awkward breakfast. He said he didn't think it went well. I thought it was him just being insecure, but he wouldn't tell me what was wrong. He was in the worst mood. We got back to the clinic and the nurse said there wasn't a whole lot of sperm and asked if he would give another sample. Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?!? I couldn't believe it. My husband left again and,  I sat there trying not to cry and the nurse came back and said there were sperm... they just wanted more. I knew my husband was probably so embarrased and angry. He came back out again and didn't say much. The nurse called us back and said when they put the two samples together, it looked "good." I'm hoping she wasn't just being nice and was telling the truth. But it can't be good if he had to it again. The head nurse did my IUI. She also said the sample looked good. I asked for the count, but she said they don't do a count. This made me really frustrated.... I've never heard of that before. The first thing I asked when the nurse came in for the procedure was "are you going to use the tennaculum?" She said no! Which was a big relief. I mostly just felt uncomfortable and had cramping. Afterwards, I went home to rest. I go tomorrow for an extra dose of hcg and I start progesterone tomorrow as well. I will be able to test July 8th. Our 5th wedding anniversary is the 11th. Praying for good news, but I'm not very hopeful. I think we will probably do 1 or 2 more IUI's before we move on to IVF. : / Yikes! Just saying that makes my stomach hurt.

5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through your comment on mine. Cheering for your success this cycle! Hope you get a nice anniversary gift with a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the above comment! Fingers, toes, legs, all crossed that it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you get a bfp Tuesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete